The Derbyshire Climate Change group has recently been established again following the restructure of the Derbyshire Partnership Forum.
These Derbyshire Climate Change Group Webpages detail the work of this group including the minutes of the meetings, the draft Action Plan and current projects being furthered by the group, as well as newsletters and any climate change related information which may be useful to the members of the group.
Should you have any queries regarding the Climate Change Group or would like to get in touch, please email: email@example.com
Derbyshire Climate Change Charter
Tackling climate change is one of the major challenges for the 21st century. The Derbyshire Climate Change Charter sets out our ambition for cutting carbon emissions and preparing our county for the effects of climate change. We cannot do it alone, every organisation and individual in our county can contribute by reducing their impacts. We are committed to this agenda and are making Derbyshire a fantastic place to live in today, tomorrow and for generations to come.
The Derbyshire Climate Change Charter has two main aims:
1. To provide a Derbyshire-wide ambition and course of action to tackle climate change based on six key priority areas. This will be done by:
- identifying and developing specific actions to be taken to reduce the risks associated with negative climate change impacts, and build county wide resilience to these impacts.
- developing the Climate Change Action Plan across the six key priority areas in the charter.
- developing and delivering the Climate Change Action Plan through partnership working and the development of joint initiatives. This approach acknowledges that in order to tackle climate change issues; no single organisation can do this in isolation.
- enabling partnership working to identify and take advantage of the positive effects of climate change.
- helping organisations, businesses and communities to understand their impact on climate change and their contribution towards reducing that impact
2. To provide, our communities, our members and partners with a single point of reference for climate change action happening both within the council and across the county.
- Action on climate change has been happening for many years and carried out in many different ways, much of which goes unrepresented. This charter aims to link all the hard work together and provide a starting point and information hub for all to use.
- It is expected that the charter will grow and evolve over time to reflect changes in the climate, technology and available resources.
- The charter will be an online based document that will be accessible to businesses, community groups and individuals. This will allow for sharing of ideas, avoid duplication and encourage collaborative approaches to tackling climate change.